The Cobra 148 GTL CB radio has been designed for mobile CBs for more than 30 years.
Historically, the best stocks were always early in the Philippines. I bought mine in 1978, and I was lucky I got one of those little gemstones. The production of this special model was terminated at the end of the 1990s, but has been resumed and is now available because of popular demand.
Robust construction has always been the all-emblem of all Cobra CB radio signals, and the 148 is no exception. You can live in the widest environment, which will quickly destroy less.
The newer units remain in their original proven configuration. The only change was a little cosmetic change, which is now the microphone connector at the front of the device, instead of the side. This makes it easy to install. Longer microphone cables are also standard.
This model offers a total of 120 channels. The AM has 40 channels and an additional 80 channels for SSB (Single side band). Each of the SSB channels is divided into 40 by the bottom side bar and the upper side bar.
The transmitter's power is FCC control maximum allowed: 4 watt RF RF and 12 watt RF on SSB.
Configuration is certainly rich –
- Built-in SWR meter and SWR calibration controller to match the antenna exactly.
- Adjustable dynamic microphone amplifier control for maximum transparency.
- The adjustable RF gain control allows you to optimally adjust the received signal in both strong and weak signal areas.
- Noise Reduction Switch to further reduce the volume of reception noise.
- The PA switch allows this unit to be used as a public addressing system by adding external speakers.
There is another reason why this model proved to be very popular. The casing has many rooms for mods, and radios have many other enhancements to increase performance. Some are legal, some do not.
If you are looking for a rich, highly reliable mobile device, it can not be better than choosing the Cobra 148 GTL CB radio .
Source by sbobet