Assertive communication is the expression of positive and negative thoughts and feelings in an open, honest and direct way. You acknowledge your rights while respecting the rights of others. This allows us to take responsibility for ourselves and for our actions without condemning or blaming other people. And it allows us to face constructively and find a mutually satisfactory solution where there is a conflict
So why use supposed communication?
We all use the alleged behavior from time to time … often when we are sensitive or insecure about us with a persistent, manipulative or aggressive behavior.
However, training in alleged communication actually increases the correct use of such behavior. It allows us to replace old patterns of behavior with a more positive approach to life. I have determined that I can change my answer to others (colleagues, clients or even my family), they can be exciting and inspiring.
The Benefits of Assertive Communication
Assertive communication has many advantages, most notably:
- It helps us feel good and others
- This leads to mutual respect with others
- This increases our self-esteem
- It helps us achieve our goals
- This minimizes the abuse and disposition of other people
- Reduces anxiety
- Protects us from being exploited by others
- Allows us to make decisions and make free decisions in life
- Allows us to express both a wide range of emotions and thoughts both in word and speech, both positive and negative
- eye contact: shows interest, sincerity
- Body Position: Competing body language improves the significance of the message
- gestures: the right gestures help to increase emphasis
- sound: the level, well-modulated sound is more convincing and more acceptable and does not intimidate
- timing: use your judgment to maximize susceptibility and impact
- Content: How, where, and when you make a comment, is probably more important than what you say
- Understandable Impact (Consequence for You)
Of course there are disadvantages …
Disadvantages of Assertive Communication
Others will not accept this communication style or will not accept your views. Also, respecting the rights of another person means they do not always get what they want. You will also find out that you were wrong in the point of view. But most importantly, as mentioned earlier, there is a risk that others do not understand and therefore do not accept this communication style.
How insecure communication is not …
Assertive communication is definitely not a lifestyle! This is NOT a guarantee that you will receive what you want. This is not everyone's acceptable communication style, but at least NOT aggressive.
It's About Choice
Four Behavioral Choices
There are what I see, which of the four options you can use which communication style. These types are:
direct aggression: bossy, arrogant, bulldozing, intolerant, thinking and outrageous
indirect aggression: sarcastic, misleading, ambiguous, insinuating, manipulative and guilty  obedient: passive, insecure and apologetic
assertive: direct, honest, accepted, responsible, and spontaneous
Features of Assertive Communication
is the characteristics of assertive communication. These are:
Importance of "Me" Statements
Abstinence is part of the ability to express your needs and feelings appropriately. This can be done by using the "I" statements. They indicate ownership, do not attribute error, are at the center of behavior, identify the effect of behavior, direct and honest, and contribute to an increase in affinity.
Strong "I" statements have three specific elements: 
Example: "I feel disappointed when I meet late, I do not like having to know the information."
Six Techniques for Assertive Communication
We use six types of self-conscious techniques – let's take a look at each one in a row.
first Behavior Testing: It literally exercises how to look and sound. This is a very useful way to first use the "I" statements as it helps to get rid of emotional feelings and allows you to accurately identify the behavior you are facing. Repeated statement (the "faulty record"): this technique allows us to feel comfortable, ignoring manipulative verbal side traps, arguing bait and irrelevant logic while sticking to the point. Use this technique to make the most effective use of calm repetition and say what you want and concentrate on your question. You will find that there is no need for this technique and you do not have to "recall yourself" to deal with others. Example:
"I would like to show you our Products"
"No thanks, I do not care"
"I have a great offer"
"This may be true but I do not currently care"
"Is anyone here interested in?"
"I do not want such products"
"Okay, would you take this brochure and think?"
"Yes, I'll get a brochure"
3. Mist: This technique allows you to get the criticisms comfortably, without being restless or defensive, and without getting the manipulative critique. To do this we have to acknowledge the criticism, we need to understand that there may be some truth that they say, but it remains the judge of the choice action. An example might be: "I agree that there are likely to be cases when I do not answer your questions
4. Negative query: this technique raises criticism in close ties, honest, negative feelings to improve communication If you want to use it effectively , you have to listen to critical comments, clarify these critiques, use information if it is useful or ignore information if it is manipulative. "So do you think you do not care?" 5. Negative statement: this technique allows you to behave more comfortably in your own behavior or personality without the feeling of defense or nervousness, which reduces critics' hostility, accepting your mistakes or mistakes, but I should not apologize, but rather agree experimentally and sympathetically with hostile criticism negative input for example, "Yes, you are right. I do not always listen closely what you have to say. "
6. Working Compromise: When you feel that your self-esteem is not in question, consider compromising your other person's financial goals unless your compromise touches the self-esteem of self-esteem, but if the ultimate goal involves self-esteem and self-esteem , then there is no compromise, understand that you need to talk and finish what I'm doing .. So what's the matter in half an hour? "
Assertiveness is a useful means of communication, the application is contextual and not necessarily consistent in every situation . aggression by others.
There is no guarantee of success, even if you use the right communication styles. "There is nothing that can stop the individual from having the right mental attitude to achieve them, nothing on earth can help individuals with bad mental attitudes." W.W. Ziege
Source by sbobet